Case study is basically a type of researched content, in which a person or business particular goal or challenge is studied with the details of how they have achieved that goal.
In different subjects, case studies are used to validate some theories and analyze the results to support some hypothesis.
Steps to write case study:
Therefore to write a case study is somehow tricky and challenging task which need some guidelines to be followed:
- The first step to write a case study is to find the main objective. Determine whether you are going to write about a customer or an organization. Use some basic criteria on which your case study is going to be built upon for example, how much your services are used by the client etc.? Have a quick research on it with gathering important details.
- Now determine how you are going to create the case study? What is the medium you are going to use? It can be some website landing page or some pdf formatted written one page document. You can also make info graphic or video based case study.
- After some detailed research, find the most suitable candidate whose personal stories and experience you are going to use in your content of case study.
- The next part of case study is to ask permission from the selected candidate for getting his personal data and publishing it on the public and social media. You can write a permission letter and create an agreement which contain some rules and regulations with limitations of how and what kind of client’s personal data is going to be published.
- If your client has agreed with you then send him a survey form or questionnaire which will help in getting the required information for the case study context.
- Schedule your interview with selected candidate. Decide the style of getting information, i.e. it can be phone call, video call or face to face meeting.
- After the conduction of successful interview start writing your case study. Use a basic introduction mentioning the highlights and write all the details which you have gathered.
- After the end of case study, write a brief summary.
- Now proofread your content and resolve all grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Publish and promote your case study on social and print media.
There are various types of case studies for example:
- Illustrative case study
- Cumulative case study
- Exploratory case study