In school and college, the students are given the task to write an essay about themselves. It becomes a challenging task because you have to write about yourselves without bragging and showing off with an appropriate amount of words to best describe yourself.
The main structure of an essay involves three parts:
- Introduction paragraph.
- Body paragraphs for explaining the main outline and key factors.
Following are some useful techniques which can be considered as key factors for making your content successful:
- Start with an opening sentence which attracts the attention of readers and keeps them hooking with your content.
- Use some personal story in the introduction which has a great impact on your life.
- Introduce some childhood stories and morals you got from your elders.
- Add some humor and jokes to make your essay interesting.
- Use “don’t tell but show” attitude. Instead of writing that “I was best in the particular subject “, use some basic story with facts which proves that you were actually good in that subject.
- Don’t mention your too many weaknesses; it will make your essay weak and less attractive.
- Brainstorm a lot before start writing to get a basic overview of content you are going to write in the essay.
- Use your educational background and how you get through it, the facts and main characteristics.
- Mention your life goals and plans for the future.
- You can add your hobbies as well. This shows what kind of personality you have and what your main interests are.
- Use proper formats with fonts and margins to make it readable and standardized.
Avoid following factors:
- Avoid using some sensitive topics which can make someone offensive like religion, race, income level and your views about politics. It creates unrest among people.
- Avoid unclear and irrelevant information which deviates you from original path.
- My personal fears.
- The craziest incident of my life.
- My favorite time of the day.
- How I want to achieve my goals?