This assignment is for my ethics in data analytics class. This is a two-part project. The first part is For this assignment, select an industry* [ My industry is the Health Care industry] that uses data analytics. Write a paper that addresses the following:
- A brief overview of the industry.
- How are big data and data analytics used by the industry? Can you identify the specific type or types of analytics that are being used?
- What business uses can you identify for the need to use data analytics? In other words, what are the business cases for using this data?
- Using the frameworks presented in this course, identify the specific ethical issues with respect to the collection, analysis, end-use, and release of the information. Your discussion should include topics like whether the data is/should be bought or sold, who handles the data, is there potential for harm to an individual if the data is re-aggregated or released, etc.
- For the ethical issues that you identified, discuss the potential negative impacts for individuals. What is the potential for unintentional downstream impacts?
- How should the industry respond to these ethical issues? Be specific and prescriptive in your response.
- Are there ethical aspects that you feel have been completely resolved through common business practices, formal agreements, legal rulings, or regulations? Which ethical aspects still need to be resolved?
- What are the risks to the industry from the use of data analytics?
Your final paper should be 10-15 pages in length. You must use a minimum of five currents (less than 5 years old) sources.