Debate Topic: Developing an Inland Port in Salt Lake
[Opening remarks] Pro-Inland Port – Economic Benefits
In 5 to 7 minutes, provide a brief overview of the issue, include your stance, and use the majority of your time to provide supporting evidence. Focusing on 2 or 3 major points of evidence will probably fill the time limit; rather than a long list of reasons why your position is the correct on with limited support, concentrate on two or three of the most important/compelling reasons and describe these in detail.
[Rebuttal] Pro-Inland Port – Economic Benefits
After opening remarks have been presented, there will be the opportunity for a 4- to 6-minute rebuttal. Use this time to argue against your opponent’s major points and summarize your own to strengthen your case. You must substantiate why you believe your viewpoint has merit. For instance, you could point out what you think the biggest flaw of your opponent’s argument is and convince us that your position is superior.
**Actual Script Bulletpoints [Opening remarks]**
- Introduce the inland port project in a positive way
- Give context (location, brief history, date signed, etc.) to introduce the pro-side
- Positively talk about the scope of the project – this will set up the counter argument for the scope
being an issue rather than a perk.
- Argue that the inland port is good because of the impact it will have on the local economy.
- Maybe even compare it to inland ports in other states?
- Mention the “positive” impacts on local economy
** I need a script for [Rebuttal] side from the [Opening remarks] actual script above.
: I think it should be about the inland port won’t affect the local economy in a good way.
** Please write 400 words of [Rebuttal] side script based on the direction above.
** Please include 4 reliable sources in the script (APA style).