The subject of the paper will be research articles on emotional intelligence theory and/or practice. The student will locate research articles online through the Barry Library system. The student will choose three (3) research articles to discuss: the topic being investigated, the results of the research, and the potential for use of findings in the workplace. The selection of the three articles could all be on one aspect of EI theory and/or practice. Or you could examine two (2) articles that say one thing about EI, and the other two (2) articles could be opposing the first two (2) articles. In your paper, be sure to discuss some of the material addressed in this course. The paper should be well-thought-out and well-written.
All papers submitted will be typewritten, double-spaced, and 10 pages (excluding the title page and bibliography). The font should be 12 points and the type style Times Roman, Courier, or equivalent. Full and proper citation is expected. Citations in the text of your paper must reference a complete list of works cited at the end of the paper. The paper should be done using the APA style manual. Wikipedia, blogs, etc. are not considered academic sources. Also, please note that excessive citation, although referenced is still considered plagiarism.
This paper should reflect graduate-level work in content, appearance, organization, grammar, and effort. Use the grading rubric in Canvas as a guide. Students are required to submit the document in MS Word.
Please note that ALL papers will be submitted to Turnitin for a check against plagiarism.
If you answer all the questions stated below in your narrative, you will be including the most critical points in the article,
- What is the purpose of the article?
- What is the problem the author cites as challenging?
- What predictions or hypotheses does the author state?
- What is the research design? A cross-sectional survey, etc.
- Describe the instrument used?
- What are the population and sample size?
- How many responded participants responded?
- What are the sample demographics?
- Were the hypotheses supported in the article?
- What are the discussion points made in the discussion?
- What are the findings?
- What are the limitations?
- What is further research?
Please make sure that the final papers total 10 pages
When you introduce the work, consider the following examples,
Smith (2017) examined….the issue of. (answer the questions)
In another study, Moore (2013) explored the same issue too.
Rand (2018) also examined, but focused on the issue of…..