Evaluating a Corporate-Societal Relationship
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. In this assignment, you will be researching a Fortune 500 company from an approved company list provided by your professor.
Write a 5 pages evaluation of your chosen company’s performance with respect to its stated values. Do the following: Company “Starbucks”
- Summarize the company’s primary products and or services.
- Suggest three ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for your response.
- Describe two critical factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Support your assertions.
- Assess the company’s biggest success or missed opportunity to respond to a recent or current social issue. How did it impact company performance?
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
• Evaluate the relationship between a business and society based on external environmental factors, stakeholders, and corporate social responsibility issues.
Discussion Post: 5
- Ethics in Business
Have you witnessed unethical practices in the workplace?
- If so, share your experience with the class and explain how this impacted your perception of the business.
- If not, find a current example of unethical business practices, share the source, and explain how you
- would have handled this situation differently.
- In Chapter 11 of your textbook, you explored important areas of risk and opportunity for society and companies such as the role of technology in business and society, cybersecurity, privacy, robotics, genetically engineering and others.
- Thinking about the company you selected for Assignment 1, discuss questions, concerns or any enthusiasm you may have regarding one of these areas that is changing due to technological advance.
Examine the roles of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) in business. Determine how each system can play a critical role in managing value chains.
- How does LaRosa’s Pizzeria use this technology in order to improve the supply chain and value chain operations? Determine the ways this technology has helped to deliver quality to the customer. Assess the challenges that LaRosa’s Pizzeria might face when trying to implement these types of technologies.
“Push and Pull Decisions” Please respond to the following:
- Examine your own organization, or the organization of your choice. How is your organization structured (push or pull)? Justify your response
Please respond to the following:
- Choose two fast-food franchises and examine their facility layouts. Compare and discuss the differences in their layouts.
Evaluate how each of the layouts enhances or hinders productivity and the customer experience. Support your answer.