Fan Identification and Consumer Behavior
The project has 2 parts
1) Complementary Media Attachment
2) Research paper (8-10 pages)
expand the areas brought up over project 2.
COMPLEMENTARY MEDIA ATTACHMENT PROMPT:
The ability to translate large ideas into a visual media component is VERY important. Think of this as a visual elevator pitch or a conceptual movie trailer. The point is to captivate your reader’s attention, intriguing them to want to learn more (or potentially invest in a business setting) while serving as a visual complement to your paper’s focus.
This must be VISUAL.
– PowerPoint presentation
RESEARCH PAPER PROMPT:
Select a specific community/group that fits within your professional, academic, and/or personal passions and goals. A community for this project is any social collective with an understood shared set of interests, goals, attitudes, values, customs, etc. Your selected group should have a number of members who believe to have a shared social identity and a feeling of fellowship derived from some mutual beliefs.
Remember – brands create communities as well. Examples of communities can be a fandom groups (a sporting team, Harry Potter, BeyHive, etc.), loyal consumers base (Apple, Windows, Tesla, etc.), a health inspired fitness ensemble (Crossfit, yoga, vegans, Zumba), advocate, government, or geographically based (a military organization, Planned Parenthood, Venice Beach, CA, a college fraternity or sorority, etc.).
NOTE: If you pick a specific brand as your choice, illustrate the demo they serve and how their offerings serve the larger collective.
NOTE 2.0: Submit topic and paper statement for approval PRIOR to writing
Once you’ve picked a group/community, articulate the following:
- What’s their story? What do they stand for?
- Community origin. How did it start?
- How do they express themselves?
- Explain the idea of social capital and the type of currency (or benefit) received (REMEMBER – currency isn’t in just US Dollars; currency is anything of value. Think emotional, mental, physical.)
- The sense of place, residence, and belonging members have – in physical, digital, and/or both settings
- How are prospective members brought into the group, noting any selection process along the way (if there is one)
- The unique identifiers used by the group to separate themselves from others
- Any symbols that represent something of value within the group
- Details of the joint emotional ownership shared amongst members
- Detail how any hierarchy, social order, or rank is governed within the group
- The paper should include an introduction that states your main argument, paragraphs that support your argument and a conclusion that summarizes your argument and links back to the introduction
- Your main points must be supported by theory and research.
- Do some research – Use sources outside of what is provided in the course
- APA format 7th with cover page, abstract, intro and conclusion
- 8-10 pages plus references