- Each essay must be original and if I can request a plagiarism check.
- Each essay must be 850-1000 words (3-4 pages)
- if I can have at least 3 references in the essay
- below is what I am graded on:
- Students used standard essay format: Introduction/Body/Conclusion. The structure is a multi-paragraph essay, clearly developed with effective transitions and solid topic sentences.
- Students demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the ideas in the assigned reading and critically evaluates/responds to those ideas in an analytical persuasive manner (i.e. graduate level).
- Students were able to respond clearly and directly to the assignment in an academic manner with good development. The essay indicates a good understanding of the course content and supports its points with textual and outside references.
- Students demonstrated the use of critical thinking while making novel connections to outside materials and experiences. The analysis is fresh, posing new ways to think of the material.
- Students demonstrated proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation, citation style, etc. Writing consistently adheres to A.P.A formatting.
- Analyze the overarching theories of health and illness.
- Assess the importance of health communication. What are the attributes of effective health communication? What are some important approaches to health promotion?
- Describe how religion impacts medical decisions and the rationale behind these choices. Examine how religion affects well-being.
- Examine strategies for eliminating health disparities. Analyze the role of the Affordable Care Act in reducing inequalities.