Your Practitioner Application will require devoted inquiry, assimilation, reflection, and refinement in order to achieve the highest possible score. Specifically, you are to take the scenario listed below, address it in full, and submit your work in accordance with the instructions contained herein.
Your text readings specifically profile the rise of marketing in the healthcare industry and they also enlighten you regarding that which marketing entails. But for this particular Practitioner Application, I want you to focus specifically on the concept of advertising, which is part of the promotion component of the broader discipline of marketing. The use of advertising to promote health services remains problematic for some, others have no issues with it, and still, others are somewhere between these two extremes. I’d like for you to research the pros and cons associated with health services advertising and report your findings. Then, communicate where you stand on the issue and justify your position.
The Submission Requirement
Your submission in its entirety must be between 1700-1800 words. It is to be typed (in a word processing program, and when finalized, copy and paste the text into the posting window.
Your submission must be supported by 4 (minimum) to 10 (maximum) references, with at least 3 being from scholarly academic journals. References may be prepared using the style guide of your choice (e.g., APA, MLA); just be sure to consistently use the selected style.
In presenting your work, identify the title, your name and student ID number, and submission date at the top of your submission and supply the following sections, exactly as they appear below, placing each heading in bold text:
- Abstract: Your paper must include an abstract of approximately 150-250 words. An abstract is a stand-alone summary of your submission; it must be presented at the beginning of your paper, although, for obvious reasons, it is prepared after you finish your paper. Note that this brief, informative summary must include a bulleted list of the pros and cons of health services advertising that you present and explain in the body of your paper.
- Health Services Advertising “Pros”
- Health Services Advertising “Cons”
- My Position in Health Services Advertising
Your submission will be assessed based on the following:
- Compliance quality: The degree to which your submission complies with noted guidelines, including word count and reference specifications,
- Communication quality: The degree to which your work meets standards expected in business communications, including matters concerning the use of proper grammar and punctuation, and
- Content quality: The quality of the content presented in your work.