Operation Management – Assignment 1
Use the attached Template SWS A2.doc
Research two manufacturing or two service companies that manage inventory and write a 7 page paper in which you:
- Determine the types of inventories these companies currently manage and describe their essential inventory characteristics.
- Analyze how each of their goods and service design concepts are integrated.
- Evaluate the role their inventory plays in the company’s performance, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Compare and contrast the four different types of layouts found with each company; explain the importance of the layouts to the company’s manufacturing or service operations.
- Determine at least two metrics to evaluate supply chain performance of the companies; suggest improvements to the design and operations of their supply chains based on those metrics.
- Suggest ways to improve the inventory management for each of the companies without affecting operations and the customer benefit package. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Propose improvements to the inventory management practices of businesses.
Business and Society – Assignment 2
Challenges in the Business Environment
Changing, or even stating, a company’s values can be a long and arduous process, but it often pales in comparison to the effort it takes to make sure they are honored, implemented and projected. In this assignment, you evaluate how well your chosen company from the first assignment has done in “walking the talk” and responding to a social issue.
Review your chosen company’s mission and values statements as well as other sources that provide insight into the company’s values with regard to social responsibility. Pick two of their primary values and research how the company manifests those values. Simple examples might be the commitment to workplace diversity or ecological sustainability.
Create a 3–5-minute (approximately 7–8 slides) PowerPoint presentation that evaluates how well the company embodies its issue-related values. Your presentation should contain detailed speaker’s notes that flesh out and support main points, ideas, or conclusions and have supporting citations.
- Summarize your chosen company’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- In your own words, explain how each aspect of your Supplier Code of Conduct is committed to ethical business practices and social responsibility.
- Discuss your company’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering Workers.
- Labor and Human Rights.
- Health and Safety.
- The Environment.
- Identify the key ways that your company’s Code of Conduct has changed since last year.
- Examine the manner in which your company’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- In this week’s discussion, you consider assembling a team to write a supplier code of conduct. Recommend the stakeholders roles (4–5) needed on the team and how each supports the project.
Integrate at least three supporting resources
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a presentation about the key areas, changes, and progress in a company’s supplier responsibilities and code of conduct.