Everyone has been shaped by their family of origin and has areas for growth. This Personal Theory Application Paper will be completed in multiple steps throughout the course. You will complete a paper that applies a personal family growth/concern to a specific family counseling approach.
Your paper will include a good introduction, summary of the theory, why you chose it over perhaps a different approach, personal fit, its efficacy, strengths/limitations of the approach, and a good case conceptualization of your family (concerns, patterns from the genogram, etc) that impact the personal concern/growth area, how the approach can help alleviate the concern, cultural considerations, ethical considerations, congruence with a Christian worldview, 2-3 specific interventions to use for the concerned area and why they would be helpful, and final conclusions about using this approach for your personal concern/growth area versus your regular method alleviate the concern.
- Title page and reference page (an abstract is not required)
- 8 pages (excluding the title page and reference page)
- Current APA format for all elements within the paper
- 12-point, Times New Roman font
- Thoughtful reflection as directed above.
- Submit in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)