Write a program review, approximately 8-10 pages that explore (but is not limited to) the following:
- The background/demographics of the school or other work
- The existing reading/literacy programs; the effectiveness and
characteristics of the reading program and the selection/evaluation of
instructional materials in the specific program reviewed.
- The interpretation of literacy/reading program information,
regulations, and any assessment data, and/or program policies.
- The general philosophies of the teachers, administrators, and parents
and their involvement practices.
- The challenges and assets of the setting.
- Curriculum guides and criteria for selecting and evaluating both print
and nonprint media for instructional use at the location and the
appropriate usages of media to match students’ needs and interests.
- Implications of using school-related data to plan for effective
professional developments and to improve curriculum and instruction.
- Recommendations for the future (an action plan, including
professional development opportunities for paraprofessionals, and