1. Amazon.com Mission statement is “To be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.”
- Is this mission statement market-oriented, product-oriented, production-oriented or futuristic? Why?
2. The purpose of strategic planning is to find ways in which an organization can best use its strengths to take advantage of opportunities within the environment.
In the past, Wal-Mart mission statement was, “We deliver low prices, every day.” Currently, Wal-Mart’s corporate mission is “to save people money so they can live better.”
- Using the knowledge from strategic formulation and unit’s reading, provide a possible reason for review of Wal-Mart’s mission statement.
3. Take a moment and reflect on the topics introduced in this Unit.
- Formulate at least one question that arose while you were reading the material and completing the assignments.
- Was there anything in this Unit that surprised you or caught your attention? Explain