Nowadays, the internet is full of content in form of blogs and articles. Many people read them and then they are gone in the history box. As time passes new content is published and people prefer reading that latest work published on web.
This creates a waste because we spend too much time on writing an article and then the traffic is gone after some time.
There should be a way or a method which allows your older posts to get traffic regularly based upon search engine optimization and few other tips and tricks.
Therefore, by updating your old content, you can increase your search engine traffic.
Following are the different ways to update your old content and make it worth readable for a variety of audiences:
- To find out, which old content or post you are going to recreate is by using some online content analyzer which helps in comparing the performance of different posts. In this way, by analyzing the performance you can choose your particular content.
- Find an image for your content which is most relevant to the main idea and eye-catching for the viewers. Create links on the image to improve the ranking of your content.
- Meta descriptions are very important for content. Therefore, to improve your site rankings, rewrite the Meta description using proper standards.
- Invest time on creating a good headline. Make sure that your headline shows the solution of a particular problem or it highlights some major topic covering for a large group of community.
- Update the old content by using SEO techniques. Update and use the keywords which improve your ranking on the metrics.
- You can make a blog interesting by using episode criteria. For example use some tutorial for health regime or something and then write it part wise one by one in each blog so that the readers keep reading the blogs till the end is reached.
- Use graphics and statistics to make your old content more interesting.
- Use some internal links in your blogs which are connected to your other blogs, so that readers keep viewing your content and the ranking of your site keep improving in the standard metrics.