The opinion essay is a formal essay which needs your opinion about certain topic or subject. The opinion given in the essay should be stated clearly and briefly with supportive arguments from authentic resources.
Following are steps of writing a good and attractive opinion essay for students:
- Brainstorming and per-writing:
First step is to brainstorm some questions and outlining them in notes for writing the content. Ask about the topic how it is going to affect people? What will be the main objectives? How much opinion should I give keeping myself in the restricted domain? And what will be the expectations of audience?
- Writing and editing:
Now start writing the opinion essay with introductory paragraph, body paragraphs and conclusion. The introduction should highlight the aims and objectives of the topic or subject. The body paragraphs shall briefly explain the outlined key points in the introduction. And conclusion should summarize whole content.
Proofread the essay with finding mistakes and correcting them. The mistakes can be grammatical or spelling wise. Avoid them at all costs.
Some useful tips to write an opinion essay are as follows:
- Collect and gather researched content from various sources. Find relevant and authentic information using surveys, interviews or websites.
- Respect other’s opinions about the same topic, if it has been discussed before. If you are writing content for some controversial topic, then acknowledge other person’s work and don’t use harsh or judgmental views. Just write your opinion irrespective of others.
- Don’t be too sarcastic in your expression. Also don’t be emotional and sentimental while expressing your views because it looks informal and unethical.
While writing an opinion essay, make sure to pay attention in following things:
- Use present tense in your sentences. It makes your content more realistic and natural for the target audience.
- While writing your opinions, use linking words and phrases like “since”, “due to”, “however”, “with respect to” etc.
- Use formal vocabulary .Do not use complex and uncommon phrases and idioms.
- Write references and resources from which you have taken help for your content.