The International English Language Testing System also known as IELTS is an English test which is used as a standard for international study and work. Many people, who want to study or work abroad and are non-native English speakers, take this test to qualify for working abroad.
In the IELTS test, there is a part where you have to write an academic-style essay on a given topic .The time duration given is 40 minutes and minimum word count required is 250 words.
Following are the basic steps which need to be followed in order to write a good IELTS essay:
- First step to write an essay is to understand the topic and question about the main theme. You need to take time and figure out how you are going to describe the topic within allowed words range. Find related keywords and outlines for this purpose.
- Plan your essay before start writing. This ensures that you have a road map of how you are going to pen down your thoughts in paper. Sort and organize all of your ideas and categorize them numerically.
- Now write an introduction which should be brief and to the point. It should state what the main theme is, how you are planning to support your key points and what are the strategies and benefits of topic.
- After writing introduction, go for body paragraphs which will explain each of your key points stepwise. The body paragraphs are used to briefly explain the whole topic and its related facts and figures.
- After body paragraphs, final conclusion is drawn to summarize whole topic and also don’t forget to mention the highlights of your main theme.
To write an effective IELTS essay and to score good grades you need to use some tips which are described below:
- The total word count of your essay should be of at least 250 words or more.
- Total time investment on this part should be 40 minutes.
- You should use your knowledge and add authentic facts in your essay.
- Main idea is to answer what is required and not add irrelevant data.
- Add punctuation and use proper grammar in the sentence structuring.