Writing speech is a tiresome and lengthy task for a student. In many competitions and events, students are asked to conduct a speech regarding some particular topic.
For this purpose, lots of research and effort is required.
Following are some basic tips and guidelines which need to be followed while writing a qualitative speech:
- First of all think of main “W’s”, while writing i.e. what, why, who and how.
Note down who are the target audience of your speech what is their age limit, then decide why you are writing the content for speech, find the main purpose. Afterwards, think and brainstorm of what content you are going to write and how you are doing it with its format and textual order.
- Consider the target audience. What they think about the topic you have chosen for the speech? What are their views and arguments and what type of language you are going to use for them.
- Think about speech as same as how you speak with a common person. Use common vocabulary and make short and meaningful sentences. Note down the body language you are going to use while expressing your thoughts while delivering the speech.
Check and balance:
- Have a check and balance of your speech. Check what have you written, what is the tone and expression you have used and is your information and sentences relevant or not. Read them aloud and reflect with noting down the mistakes.
Links and connections:
- Use links between your paragraphs and sentences. Each sentence and paragraph must support earlier content and a steady and continuous flow should be maintained.
- Use proper facts and figures. Have a lot of research before starting to get interesting and informative content for your speech.
Make it simpler:
- Make your speech simpler and realistic just like a common conversation between two persons.
- Make a summarized conclusion with highlighting basic theme and facts of the topic.
- Proofread the whole speech and correct the errors which you have encountered.