There is a quote which says “Truth is the most valuable thing we can have. Let us economize it.”
The component and element of honesty in academic writing is very important.
When you write some content like an essay or an article about some topic, the details and facts matter a lot. Therefore if you write something which is not true or mention some statistics which are false then the credibility of author and company or person who is writing that content, becomes very low.
There are many benefits of using honesty in an academic writing, some of them are explained below:
- Most of the time when you write an essay, there are some facts and statistics involved, therefore, if they are true then the readers pay more attention and they develop trust on you.
- If a person knows that you write truth about everything, even it is bitter, , then they will keep reading your content regardless of any judgment.
- In a blog, an author mentioned some false aspects of a restaurant, due to which many customers went to that restaurant. The result was not good as the quality was not guaranteed and the customers end up in hospital.
If he would not have mentioned such wrong information, a lot of lives could have saved.
Therefore honesty in writing saves you from future problems and difficulties.
- Honesty develops freedom in your content. You get to write what is true without any hesitation and you no longer have to worry about covering your lies.
- Honesty reflects positive force and energy, which makes the content more attractive and readable for the target audience.
- Honesty makes content or an essay, realistic. As we know that in real life the situations cannot be idealistic every time. Honesty ensures that the content is based upon realistic facts and is not imaginary and fake.
- Honesty in writing reduces stress and the peace of mind is assured.
- The character and integrity of an author reflects in an honest writing.
- The readership and number of views increase for a blog written by an honest writer.Conclusion:
The honesty is always a best policy in every walk of life especially in academia and literature. Therefore it is best to use this for the long-term benefits and achieving peace of mind.