The book review is basically defined as the process of analyzing a book after reading it and critically assesses it. It involves the overview about the main theme of book, its main strategies and important points.
Following is a complete guideline set to write review of a particular book:
- First of all read the whole book and note down the main points and highlight the key factors. Make a small summary against each point to understand it for writing review.
- Write personal details and achievements of author, his major in education and his field of expertise.
- Find out the major theme of the book and its prominent features. Summarize them in few sentences in your review.
- Understand the writing style of author and present your point of view accordingly.
- Discuss and write your favorite parts of the book and mention the reasons for liking them. For example tell why you have liked the main character of book? What was the main sentence which touched your heart? How your knowledge has increased by the facts used in book? etc.
- Now mention everything in detail which you did not liked about the book. For example you did not like the style of author for blaming the person who has done some wrong to others etc.
- If you are writing review of a fiction book, then mention the adventures and main characters and their personalities.
- You can relate your personal experiences with the book content and explain the differences and similarities accordingly.
- Mention the unique and specific points in the book which makes it stand out among other books.
- Use your recommendation about the book and emphasize the related points for the target audience.
- Round up the review and summarize it in a small paragraph to get the whole idea of book. Mention your thoughts and feelings and recommend the type of audience to read it like adults or teachers etc.
- You can rate the book among 10 points according to your liking and disliking of the content and context of the book.