Writing thesis is very tricky and challenging task. A thesis consists of many sections and parts which need to be properly written and formatted. Therefore proper guidelines need to be followed, in order to write a good thesis to score good marks.
First of all thesis statement is written which shows the outline and main theme of thesis. The statement reflects the main elements which are later going to be introduced in the paper. It can also be written in the form of a claim or argument on the basis of which the research is going to be written.
Development of thesis:
An effective and well written thesis consists of two main parts i.e. the argument with claim and secondly the plan or process of supporting that argument.
There are some steps which need to be followed to write a thesis paper for students and professors.
- The first step of writing a thesis includes main topic on the basis of which the paper is going to be written. Make sure to use a topic which supports larger group of people and cover variety of time zones and areas.
- First of all you need to find a good resource. Research thoroughly, study every paper related to your topic and note the key points and references to use them in the future.
- After gathering your key points and factors, start writing the thesis with logical reasons. The keywords provide driving force to write your paper because they include vast knowledge for particular domain.
- In the introduction paragraph, mention your theme with its benefits and role for the target audience. Highlight the importance of your topic and mention the strategies and rules and regulations to be followed later in the paper.
- Keep yourself in the shoes of reader and anticipate his thoughts and feelings about your work. This ensures that you are writing by following user perspective. Make arguments and claims on the basis of audience and try to answer all possible questions which can arise in a reader’s mind.
Factors of checking thesis strength:
If you want to evaluate your thesis and check whether it is according to the standard and covers entire research , then use following parameters:
- Check whether your thesis state clear answers of the questions and arguments presented in the introduction? If yes then you are on the right track.
- Do your thesis pass the “how and what” test i.e. what are the main ideas and arguments and how they have been explained?
These types of checks ensure that your thesis is according to the statement presented in the introduction and it covers the whole topic of the domain.